How to Take Care of Your Plumbing System
It is always possible to trace a plumbing problem back to its cause. No plumbing system will break down without given proper reason. Homeowners should understand that how they interact with their home plumbing matters for future performance. Treating systems with respect and care will significantly reduce the chance of emergency plumbing. This blog is meant to give individuals the basic knowledge needed to protect home plumbing systems.
- Know what plumber you will call during an emergency. No one should have to first search for a plumber in times of need. We do full-service plumbing throughout New York City 24/7.
- Do not let hair go down drains. Although hair may not seem like it can clog a system it can. Hair is one of the leading causes of clogged baths/showers. Keeping drains and tubs clean will prevent clogs.
- Only flush human waste and toilet paper. Do not believe the hype of products that claim they are flushable.
- Avoid using chemical cleaners because the chemicals are toxic to pipes.
- Homes in the northeast should have their pipes insulated so that they do not freeze during the winter months.
- Do not pour grease or oil down a kitchen sink.
If you find yourself in trouble, please give us a call. Let us be your first call for an emergency Manhattan plumber.